Kewaunee County is home to the historic St. Lawrence Church and is next door to The Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help.HISTORIC RELIGIOUS SITES:
St. Lawrence Church: This historic church was designated as a national and state historical site in 1989. The parish was started in 1864 and the current church building was erected from 1892-1894. This beautiful church has ornate altars, ceiling murals, statues and more and is located at N2085 CTH AB, Stangelville. Join the parish for mass on Wednesdays at 8AM and take a self-guided tour after the service, books are available for purchase. And, guided tours can be arranged for groups of 10 or more and arrangements can be made with David Selner, local historian, please call (920) 613-6765.
The Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help: The National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help, 4047 Chapel Drive, Champion, is the only Marian shrine in the United States on the site of an approved apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Catholic Church officially confirmed the Marian apparitions in 2010. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops officially designated the grounds as a National Shrine in 2016. Many will visit to seek help and healing through the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Pilgrims from around the world have been experiencing the Shrine for over 150 years. Website